pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Listing books

I listed a book tonight. It retails for $65 and someone threw it away at school. So I listed it today. I found it yesterday and today S made me list it finally. I am up to page 160 or so of Iacocca. Now I am tired from all that reading. Earlier I made S put some cream on my back where it hurts. Right now my throat is hurting but I haven't complained about it except here. Work was so hard and demanding it's hard to break away and write sometimes.Today I listened to the chanting online. Perhaps the chanting helped me today.There was alot of G-d spoke to Moses and this is what he said. I recognize that line in Hebrew. But my boss asked me if it was the Yiddish phrase man plans G-d laughs.I was thinking about The Source on the way to the post office on Tuesday May 30. i was thinking about how much research goes into a book and I remembered how much Michner puts into his books. I found a book by him at school called Sayanora I put it on my classic shelf. I read the book The Source and it was a funny story. I was reading it for a book report. I was determined to get a good grade so I choose this long book. And I did get the best grade I ever got. I misspelled a word and was deducted three points. The word was Israel. I spelled it Isreal. This was back when I was 13. We had the four sentence book report format. We also graded each other's and then the teacher graded it. 97 out of 100 was pretty good though. Also I am hungry so I am getting some oatmeal now.


Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares