pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

troubles

I have a student who wants their grade changed from 1998. Last night I passed by a gas station with a price of 2.71. This was 18 cents cheaper than the gas station across the street. After a discussion by phone with S I went and got the gas. I was home at 9:30 PM and let the dogs out of their beds. I closed the basement and then went back out to the gas station. Once there I found myself next to a well dressed black man. I planned to say something about the discrepancy of price. He beat me to the punch. All I could say was aren't we lucky. He said it must be the same gas. Marathon gas can't be much better. Tonight I plan to eat dinner and do school work. I am up to page 150 of Auerbach Will. In case I forgot to mention it I finished the book Flesh and Blood a mystery over the weekend. My wife and children return Thursday while I am at school. I have to go home for lunch again. I doubt I will take a nap. Maybe I can keep it to under a 2 and 1/2 hour lunch this time. I let the dogs sleep with me and they let me sleep until 7:30 so I was at work by 8:35, pretty respectable. Tom sent me a link about India.
 

From: Tom
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:21 PM
To: Marilyn ; Pittsfield Jew
Subject: Good one...

 
I got the chanting website to work. Their calendar program thinks we are in Re'eh parsha. So I listened to the whole thing. I've been following the Israel bombing news and other Middle East news on the left wing radio show. I know its very slanted and the hostess is Jewish too. It makes me kinda upset. I can't believe they feel its all Israel's fault. At least it is some news. Maybe tonight it will be on the regular news since now the "US rhetoric is heating up". I say attack Iran. They are just a bunch of anti-semites. It is in their religion to be anti-semites. They kill each other in Africa too. What a mess.
 


New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares