pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The numbers are in

I want to read my book and I know its about time to post an update. Our taxes are completed. I keep a record of my salary every year. For the past four years its gone down. Finally 2005 has beaten 2004, by less than $1K. It could be worse.
 
My in-laws were here over the weekend. I talked to my Mom last night for 30 minutes. Saw three movies. Awakenings, A Map of the Human Heart and Rags to Ruin. The best of the movies was Awakenings. It was old, depressing, long and Robin Williams wasn't meant to be really funny. It was touching and showed the human spirit. I get the feeling Robin Williams likes medical movies. S thought I was watching Patch Adams, another Robin Williams medical movie. R saw Chronicles of Narnia with S's Dad. S's step mom and I drank wine. I drank too much and was ill most of Monday.
 
Tonight I have class again. Its hard to use blackboard to grade the papers. My computer is dial up so it is slow sometimes. I am up to page 200 in Wizard and Glass. In a few days we depart for Florida. No school either.
 
Radio yo seems to have merged with another station. Now when you go there they let you click on another branch to another station. It has some of the same dj's too. I picked L up at ballet yesterday. I forgot to get both of her ballet shoes. Today S went and got the other slipper.
 
Z and L slept in the top bunk together for the last four nights. My night was short and comfortable back in my own bed. I slept in the lower bunk. S slept in the other lower bunk. Her dad and step-mom in the master bedroom. Friday night L and I saw the Burns Park Players performance of Fiddler on the Roof. I remember the songs from the tape I bought years ago after watching the movie.


Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and used cars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares