pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The big fall...

Well I had a big fall. There I was on a cold, windy, icy morning on Shabbat. I was walking the dogs. I was at the corner of Oakengates and Rothbury. I was kinda skating on the ice on the sidewalk then suddenly I lost my balance. As I was flying through the air, completely lost in my inbalance, gripping the dogs' leashes tightly, many thoughts raced threw my head. What would be yours? Will the dogs run away. No never, I won't let go of these leashes. Will I write about this in my blog? If I live. I was nearly knocked out. My breathing was labored. I fell down hard on the ice. The pain seeped through my back and into my neck quickly. My throat was tight and I had a scarf wrapped tighly over both of the breathing instrument on my face. I loosened my scarf and caught a quick breath of the cold, cold wind. I was definitely winded. Oh no I thought after struggling for several minutes from the as yet untapped energy needed to arise from the prone position this would have killed an older man. Luckily I am alive to tell of this adventure into my blog. My back feels a little bruised. My chest and neck feel constricted at times. It is hard to explain how a fall can trigger something similar to cold symptoms. The shock seems to have induced a chest cold. I am sure I have no cracked ribs. I plan to do some walking at work. Taking out the garbage was my exercise for tonight. My situps for the last two night have been a heavy breathing struggle, sharp pains in my chest. Lately my rheumitoid arthritis aches so much I feel an urgent need to continue my two pound purple hand weight exercises. Yet it is so boring. It can only help the elboows and they still crack. I still have the strength and steadiness to carry a heavy pot or bowl of soup without spilling the contents. On a side note my grandmother would splash a heavy soup bowl on you almost as the condition worsened for her. This could be me some day. Will viox, or celebrex help me or their descendants? I keep looking on the internet and find only quack meds. OK I finished the Drawing of the Three. It was great. Also nearing page 100 of HP 6. So I finished the JAVA trainging manual. Yeah I finished and started my evaluation of self today. I worked on it from 9:40 to 10:10. Almost 30 minutes of self promotion.
 
Pittsfield Jew is self-motivated to read PL/SQL manuals to improve his skills in his spare time. Or something like it from memory. I wrote it down so I could carry it around all day. It was too emotionally draining to do any other real work.


Yahoo! Photos
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares