pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Gelfilte Fish

Sorry I haven't written in so long. I made a Jewish delicacy on Monday night -- Gelfilte Fish. I used one tenth of a pound of walleye, one tenth of a pound of red snapper and three tenths of a pound of whitefish. The store Hiller's will grind the fish for you. They were a little taken aback because of the small quantity. It costs me $6 and when it was complete the man said only one third of a pound of fish was left. The manager told me the grinder eats up part of the fish.

Where is the post at time? This used to be at the bottom of the posting options. I try to write for ten minutes and this gives me an indicator of when ten minutes are up.

I finished the books Ultimatum and French Connection. Now I am past page 100 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. At work I was getting really sleepy. As a matter of fact I was falling asleep and the phone woke me up. For the last three days I have gone for a walk at lunch time. Last night for dinner I was so hungry. S was making her usual stir fry chicken with cashews. Every time I went near the stove I took a handful of the nuts and put them into my mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares