pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday

I have been working really hard lately on the lo loshan hora. If you recall back when I went to a chabbad lunch I was trying to tune out the gossip. Back then it was easy. Now it is so much harder. It is natural to want to find the bad in everything. It is more than that you want to find the responsible person. You want to be the first to uncover the truth. You are right to want to be positive and upbeat. But we can't all be that way. Today I was reading west bank mama. Another great blog. I figure a lot of the good blogs will be down for awhile so I can catch up or pick up some new ones. I think it is ok to be down and negative and pessamistic. Here is why. It is ok to go to your friend and unload some bad events on them. And then they say wow I don't mind if you come here more often than not and tell me all the bad things going on for you in the past 6 hours or so. But what if I have a bad day and now I need you to cheer me up. Then what will I do. Sooner or later the really down person is going to find something to make them happy something they get really excited about and without the oops I just came back from taking a break with Tom and lost my thought. Oh yeah and they have fun not at the expense of someone else's misery. I tried to give this lecture to my daughter S this morning. For example when the media tries to go after a political figure. This is happening in Israel and my example was Clinton. The Jay Leno show did a great bit on Clinton last night. The girl says do you believe in Santa Clause and Clinton says yes I do. I have been trying to kill him. And then the girl of course starts crying. And then Clinton says no one has been trying harder than I have to kill him. And of course the girl cries even more.
 
Back to the update. The cat pooped on my black fleese jacket this morning. When I left the dogs out of their beds instead of running to their food bowls they ran to the smell. I said thanks Lucy you helped me clean some of this up. Forgot glasses. Started the movie Medallion. This morning is was up to page 470 of Windows 3.1 Programming for Mere Mortals. Now I am up to page 480. I am savoring the book. I am up to the second appendix. Starting to feel a cold coming on. Forgot tomatoes. S bought them to make sauce and they go well in sandwhiches. Bill says 835 error is due to a replacement. Explained to R how Bill Clinton almost go impeached. This conversation started when we passed her favorite signs near the Schule impeach Bush. S emailed and wants to know what I want from panera. I aked for Sierra Turkey. I might change to their crispiano. Headache took a tylenol. Got amazon feedback. Fall festival at L's school Burn's Park tonight.


Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares