pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Uncertainty at work

Here at work we had a meeting as to the future. The company will be sold. If we stay until the sale date we get 1/4 salary as a bonus. Most of us will be fired on that day and given a further 2 month severance. If the sale doesn't happen until my 10 year anniversary June 19 then I get 3 months. My workload is very light and my throat is killing me. My students last night were about as clueless as clueless gets. But I guess that is what I signed up for I just was running low on patients considering everything going on here. I called my dad and walked the dogs. We sold another book something called Christianity from the stone age. I am up to day 14 of teach yourself PL/SQL in 21 days. I found the DVD remote control at the park where we left it over the weekend by mistake during the field hockey game. That was the highlight of my day. I went to the post office before 11 and mailed the statistics book. It was $3.99 postage. I then went to an EAP meeting. It evolved into a more explanation of the big layoff the big sale. I emailed my student whose Dad retired from the department I want to switch to. I also emailed my friend who works for the company who is buying us. He really wants me to go work with him 50 miles from here, with worse benefits. He also teaches at the same school as me so I will see him Thursday. I applied for two jobs last night within our company.


Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1ยข/min.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares