pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Happy New Year again

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I am here back at work. Juggling my three projects: evolution benefits, value options and @bovehealth. These are all names of vendors. So the description of the project is next to meaningless. I just got a call from R. She told me that today was a fast day. I gotta put my new Chai Lifeline calendar since the Chabad one is now defunct. Also I have not been on a bike ride in over three weeks. R has a game tonight. Over the weekend the game was another devasting loss. Some of the kids were even crying. Hopefully they will put R in goal. I can't say anything because I am told to keep my mouth shut. S stayed home and Z, R and L went to services. I felt I had to leave almost as soon as I got there. But it ended before that even. Tuesday's service was so long and boring I left before it was over. I was falling asleep. I sat by myself both days. I was able to get a little closer the second day, but I don't think the rabbi saw me. I was so late I missed his sermon. Z likes to wear women's clothes so it took us 20 minutes to strip him. Then we took R to her room. Then L to her room. They went right to prayer. Her 1st grade religious school teacher was running it. L and S told me Z would want to stay with L. All Z wanted to do was play outside. He had a half buttoned shirt and only one sneaker. At least I can thank Hashem he had on boy socks. I strollered him around since he had only one shoe. Wow I thought I would have nothing to say now. S got me real mad she stole my scale and now here at work I am 152.2. How the F*** did I gain 12 pounds? I did drink several cups of coffee. We met S at the bank at 1:30. I finished Angel Face last night. Last night sucked. All I did was eat and read. And I had class too which was a really drag since the students hated their test scores. I really need the kids to be my students so I can do a better job with this Windows class. Sorry to be so down but I never get to do anything fun. I found a breast cancer book at work maybe I can sell it. That's my 3rd and 4th jobs. I met S at the bank since I had a flu-shot study appointment. I get $30 for it and $30 for the next one on 10/28 at 11:45 PM. Z and I went to his room and then he got another kid and another lady and me to go on the playground. Then he wanted to go back inside. The door was locked. I didn't have my holiday ticket either. Then he asked how was I gonna get inside and I said G-d will open the door. Finally he wanted to go inside. Then he asked why it was locked and I said G-d only knows. Then I put his card in L's room and he went to pray in the little Schule and I went up to the big Schule. Not to sound prejudice or anything but here goes. Then I got closer than I was earlier with no-one I knew. And was not in the praying mood at all, no watch and worried about missing my rendezvous and my appointment. This large black woman with a screaming kid was there too. It really added to the riffraff element. I was close to the door. People kept walking across my row to get in. All usher decorum went out the window on the second day. Even the rabbi admitted it was hard to get into again on the second day. Then I saw the daycare worker and she looked like she was looking for me. She was not. Of course no tashlit service for me either since the Windows class was Wed at 5:30. I have never gone to the tashlit service in my life. When I get home I will be putting my well worn orange high holiday ticket into my tallis bag. I had my cousin flat style keepa clipped to my head in four places since my hair is so short. To kill time the kids and I drove around L's school and looked at houses for the fliers. Most are 600K. We got lost and the Orthodox Minyan and Chabad were just letting out. R wanted to start a bank account. Of course S said no. "She already has a money market account" All three of them do of course but that doesn't count and she was being mean not to let her open and account, it was S's idea anyway. R claims she has $74 now. The houses were all nice but we can only get 180-200 for ours and ours is already 3bedroom, 2 1/2 bath 2 car garage. We want more plus Burns Park or something like that and we already have half a basement and 2000 sq feet. Tonight I have class and we are half a week ahead. Trying to sound positive now. At least my flu shot was not on Yom Kippur. I plan to over fast that day all the way until I get home like 10:30 after walking the dogs. Break it with a beer and some brisket. I should be working on EB ford but now its time to go home. I need to go out to the internet and figure out what is wrong with my printer. It prints the bottom and top half of the letters askew from each other. How often do you get to use those words in a sentence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares