pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend September 12, 2005

I am back down to 146 lbs. Went for a long bike ride. Called my parents while i was riding. My Mother In Law is leaving today. Watched Manchurian Candidate with my Mother In Law. Forgot to put Mousse in my hair this morning. I was running around trying to find my contact lenses. Past page 300 of Lone Eagle. Went to Livonia for a soccer game. EMU won, UM lost, the Detroit Lions won. My player Tom Brady had a good game. I have not checked the stats on line yet. Been practicing for CIS 117 my Windows Class on my Mother In Law. Also taught her more interesting stuff. For example what she wanted to know like how to look at orbitz.com and amazon.com. We also looked at walmart.com. This morning I showed my boss how to make section breaks in a report by week. The other boss said I have too much time on my hands and need more to do. Project 14388 - change source of claims_detail.carrier_cd is due today. Project 14089 - Value Options data load - new format is due tomorrow. Project 14495 - Error on UofM Eligibility File is due Thursday, but it was finished last Friday. Project 14394 - Mcaid logic fix in util mmos is due Friday. Project 14627 - Accumulators for @bovehealth was due September 6 and it is still working its way through the turnover process. Project 10863 Implement unique ID vs SSN modify counts/speed - 837 activity is due October 1, 2005 and there is nothing left for me to do on it.

We ran out of gas on our gas grill. I borrowed my neighbors tank. After dinner I went to the gas station and got a new tank. The IS department is making baskets to raffle off. Baskets so far:
- IS Appl Support baskets
- Coffee Lovers basket
- Chocolate Lovers basket
- Green Thumb (gardening) basket
- NASCAR basket
- Bread basket
- Car Wash basket

Ideas: Barbie, Pokemon, Game Boy, Bath-n-Body Works baskets.... Cookie Monster basket???, Lottery basket

My neighbor gave me some baskets to bring in. I brought in two baskets i had used for plants but they were in bad shape. I have to make up a homework assignment for CIS 117 based on CH1-3.

Another guy at work gave me a suggestion about writing on the neighbor's lawn with wasp killer. The stuff can be sprayed from 20 feets. It wouldn't be right to do and besides he has camera's monitoring his yard. Here is the email from the coworker anyway.

When I was about 10 years old, there was a kid that lived down the street named Andy. Andy and I didn't get a long, at all. He was standard trouble maker that was always causing problems but had parents that were rather strict. On rare occasions, we'd include him in ball games to make the teams even but by no means would I consider him a friend.

A pleasant Saturday afternoon I was playing with a friend, taking turns towing one another on a skateboard behind a bicycle. Well, as we rolled in front of Andy's house he ran out into the street with a pair of scissors and cut our rope. Now is the quote of Bugs Bunny (who probably quoted someone else) "Of course you know, this means war!" So, I went home and scavenged my father's garage shelf and found the wasp killer. Somehow I knew that it would kill grass permanently, I don't know where I picked that up, but hey- let's have some fun.

Later that night, just before my curfew I snuck down the street, wasp killer in hand, and I was going to payback that asshole. After a littler pondering I knew exactly what to write in Andy's lawn. The next day, I got on my bike after church down the street. Andy's family attended the same church so the timing was perfect. They pulled into their drive just a few moments before I arrived and I got to witness Andy's father walk down, look at his lawn and then walk up and smack Andy right in the back of the head. "How old are you?!? Why on Earth did you destroy my grass like that?!?" Andy, upset by getting smacked looked over and walk to the curb to see in giant 3 foot letters, "A N D Y" spelled out in dead grass.

I had a pleasant afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares