pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Jewish Schools

144. Lettuce is frozen. Soap dispenser in North Green road building has been fixed. Today two bottles of hand soap in their own stand alone dispensers were found along with the four built in kind. Up to 38 completed projects. Today L is walking with S today to Beth Israel religious school. No internet connection at CPS 171 class last night. I still taught but there are challenges involved. Cold sore on my upper inside lip and matching pimple on upper outside lip both in the direct very painful center of the lip. It hurts to smile. Started a new teen romance novel - Angel Face. Forgot chicken for dinner. Watched ladder 49 special features. Fell asleep watching the narrated audio version. My question is this part as long as the whole movie? Went to Lucky Kitchen at 11. Had Hunan Beef. The hot and sour soup I had with no pork.

Read lots of blogs yesterday. My two favorites are listed on the side. One is about a Jewish woman who is very religiously observant and I think lives in a Chasidic community. The other is also about a Jewish woman who is very religiously observant in thought. She is also very religiously observant in practice. I think you know who you are. So now I am Jewish blogged out. What I found interesting was on the first blog I mentioned was the comparison between 4 different Jewish preschools (using pseudo names). I told R about this and she said Z goes to a Jewish preschool. I said but the JCC is doesn't speak only in Yiddush. I intend to go back there and print out her descriptions of the four schools for R to pick the one she would choose. I also told her that my mother thinks my cousins have led sheltered lives. And R asked me what that means. It is the usual argument against being isolated in a religiously observant sub-culture. This is exactly what R wants. She is 9 and next year is her last year at a Hebrew Day School. So she wants to know what about a Hebrew middle school. I told her my cousins went to Hebrew middle school, high school and college. They went to Yeshiva and even 6 months to study in Israel. R is funny because, we don't keep kosher or sabbath. I also told her about the no touch rule. She read about it in a book. Of course she is only 9 but even then that would me no wrestling with her boyfriends. Well maybe it doesn't apply until your 13. The other blog talks about not knowing that 3/5 of the Jews went out of Egypt instead of all of them. She is comparing this to the people who don't leave the US to go to Israel now. I only learned about this bit of Torah trivia a few years ago too. I didn't know about the Korach rebellion until just a little while ago. After I woke up from the movie I did actually study some Hebrew verbs for 10 minutes last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares