pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday August 8, 2005

Went to Red Robin for dinner on Sunday. Had the whiskey river BBQ sauce burger. Been working on linux. Trying to get R's computer to work in linux. Figured out sudo command it runs the command as if you are the root. Also figured out mount command to get floppy drive mounted. Trying to run a scanmodem program that comes from Israel to help get the driver for the modem. Worked on the HDS calendar with Hebrew. Read Rabbi Biggs and Fax of Life. Looked up Tashlich. It is like in my bin paal verbs. The Ta in tashlich is really not part of the word its the verb part you will, like ata tisagore. אתא תסגור There it is in Hebrew. Thats why it was hard to find in my dictionary. Also I found a tashlich coloring page you can print out and color. Well I better get back to work. Watched FBI missing with S last night. It is always hard to suspend disbelief when the FBI uses psychics to find missing people.

Today I took lettuce to work and found I have lettuce here. Tonight S is cooking we went out to eat at Cottage Inn and Red Robin. The steak I had at Cottage Inn was called Iron Flat Steak with cajun spices. Yum. Matt called me and I could not pick up the phone since its not airtime free until after 9. Then when I call him it will be he won't be there. I know my life is pretty boring. Please does anyone want to play fantasy football? Does anyone know how to right gansters in Hebrew?

I went on two bike rides over the weekend. Today I put mousse in my hair since its getting long again. Z slept with us at 3AM. Drank hazle nut coffee. Started Return of the King since I finished Lucky You. Friday went to Pizza house for a goodby lunch. Got really lost on my bike ride. I was home alone since S took the kids to drop them off with her dad. Then she spent the night in a hotel. Today I walked with the ladies. I helped Nancy with explain plans in oracle pl/sql. I watched the movie Drums of the Deep South. The lady has like two boyfriends and then a husband. The sound was bad a 1951 movie. And its about the civil war.

8:20 PM Friday. My bike ride. West on textile cross carpenter till it dead ends at US 23. East back to carpenter. South on carpenter east on merrit. Pass crane, pass munger (each block is usually a mile) north on stoney creek road. I was looking for ellis road and never found it. It dead ends going south at textile and I never consulted a map. Trying to make a loop. Went North on stoney creek past textile. Too stuborn to turn left (east) and go home. Almost dark 10 of 9. Went to Whittaker road, past the pine view golf club, past the shopping center, past the post office, past two office complexes and decided it was almost to Interstate 94. Called my parents since it was after 9PM. They have a surprise trip for my kids to the beach. S will be pissed off f--- her. I know the kids have bathing suits so I am not worried. Left them a msg. Said I was lost. Turned around. By the time I got to the pine view golf club I was still lost. Found textile and in the dark for two miles made it munger and then cut threw ashford village to crane road. Funny huh a mile long subdivision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares