pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

hear o Israel

I listened to veetchan today. It surprised me in the end. This is the ôøùä where the shma comes from. The last book is called deuteronamy in English. Actually it is probably a greek word. Any way I think it is called Shemot in Hebrew. The Jewish symbol called a mezuzah gets its derivative from this passage. Most jews recognize the prayer called the shma. Some will recognize another prayer linked to it called veahafta. The next three paragraphs are contained inside of a mezuzah. I am reading a self help book. Who Moved My Cheese. The book promises to be a short read about 1 hour. There is 30 minutes of hype prior to the short read. I am now up to page 49. The book hit me like a ton of bricks. Shed your fears. What I am afraid of isn't my wife yelling at me about my parents it is my parents yelling at me about my wife. And right now I can't finalize my parent's trip here. They have the gist of it. They can fly here Labor Day weekend. They can stay in a hotel. There is four soccer games in Troy. Both girls have Friday off. My mom wasn't anything to be afraid of when I talked to her last night anyway. I finished Wolves of the Calla. S will return the library book today. I mailed the package today priority mail and it was only $4.05. I should have taken the book to read since the post office was so crowded. I took my bike to work so I could ride during the day. L, S and Z called me several times. They are going crazy getting ready for Wednesday's trip to Waupaca. I bet you don't see that word show up much on the internet. Well it's there now. I did a bunch of technical reviews. I also met with KO and DS about the XL. AKA the late claim filing program. It is kinda complicated and maybe an explaination for another day. I leave with the knowledge that a late claim gets an explain code of 50. Phone call.


Get your email and more, right on the new Yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares