pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Friday, August 04, 2006

crazy days

These days are crazy days. My routine is messed up. The Altima is getting a 60K check up. I took the car in after my training. We had a really pointless training for an hour at 8AM. This also messed up my routine. Right now my 835 program won't run in tidal. I got a great quote. Tidal the king of Goyim Genesis 14:1. Ha ha. I hard coded the go live cut off date and now they want it changed. They wanted me to make it a table and a procedure to get the value from the table. Wow that's a lot of work. So we convinced them to make it a Tidal variable. And then the Tidal passes the value to the shell script. The shell script passes the value to the sql and the sql sets the date. The car was going to cost $600. S wants it cleaned too. Now it's going to cost more and hopefully it will be ready today. I am up to page 420 in my book Wolves of the Calla. I read my usual one page of Torah in English, Torah commentary and Torah in Hebrew. I am in the Sheminai ôøùä . A funny thing happened to my reading of Isaiah. I thought I was reading chapters 6, 7, 8 and 9. But I was really reading chapter 6, 7, 8 and 9 of Joshua. How funny. Assume the impossible and wonder why it is so. I kept thinking, wow this isn't following the same plot as chapter 5. This has much less commentary as chapter 5. This sounds a lot like what I read 2 years ago, why are they recapping the events in the book of Joshua. Well mystery solved I was reading the wrong book. I know my thoughts are all scattered. As usual I can pick up a few words of the Hebrew. Like the word Otam which means something like near. And leafnay which means something like in front of. The point is to think in Hebrew and skip the translation all together. I am not sure since I never was good at languages. I do computer programming so I think in PL/SQL and it is intuitive to think that way as opposed to translating each English word into PL/SQL. My wife wants my parents to come Labor Day weekend. I talked to my brother Monday and my parents Wednesday. I let them say hello to Z also.


How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares