pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Reminiscing

First of all I am deeply impressed I spelled this word right on the first try. My oldest daughter brought home a letter from the president. Now calm down, I don't like him anymore than the rest of us. I told her this story and it bears repeating in this forum. When I was 13 instead of 9 like her it was around 1981. Another vaguely unpopular Republican was approaching the start of a soon to be 8 year residency. This post is limited to ten minutes so here is the moral of the story before the story. Sometimes its better to speak your mind and other times it is better to think your mind. Our class wrote letters to the president. You have to picture this my father said Reagen is a turkey. Why abba? Because Carter was a loser and Reagan won anyway. Something like that. I heard my teachers complaining how awful this guy was and look who was in his cabinet and blah blah blah. So I was stunned we were writing a letter congratulating him on his election and welcome to the white house blah blah blah. I wanted to be original. Can't recall what I wrote. It was the greeting that got my letter yanked from the group. They told me sorry Pittsfield we just can't send this an represent our class. So much for free speech I thought. Go ahead and send a letter on your own. I declined until 1991, and that is another story and it was to the VP of a different president of a different party. I wrote naturally, dear 40th turkey.

You know the rest. Both pittsfield in 1991 and pittsfield's daughter in 2005 received form letters as I told her she would. She got picture of the president with his wife. Oops ran two minutes over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares