pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Friday, April 29, 2005

Aliya number 2

This is my favorite. Rashi explains the difference between a grudge and revenge. My wife holds both against my parents. Both are prohibited. A grudge means they told her why don't you go to graduate school near us in your selected field so we can be near our son. Revenge means you can't go visit your parents as often as we visit mine. Why is she so mean, she holds a grudge from about 15 years ago today. Isn't that the line in a song by the spin doctors? Called Hamad's diner. Songs are the best way to feel an emotion. That's why Jewish songs are so good. There is one I hear all the time boker tov olam. Translated that means good morning world. In song it sounds so much better, kinda like an Elmo video. Hey remember I got three kids. Gotta go the oldest is still up. Oops wanted to go to the dollar store and get Mother's day cards, for my wife and for my mom and why not one from the kids to each. Yesterday someone wanted me to write a letter of recommendation. This weekend is the big alt id project. They might call me in to work. Doubtful, I have to be ready to jump at a moments notice if they do.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger bec said…

    definitely agree with you about jewish music. you should listen to matisyahu, he's amazing. does a whole lot of reggae but it's JEWISH so it really rocks. i would know--phish, moe., and the dead are among my favorite bands (in that order.)
    happy end of pesach.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares