pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Friday, April 29, 2005

Bike to work

Went ten miles today. It was my first time. First I walked the dogs all bundled up 1/2 mile. So I was sweating and decided to wear only shorts and tee shirt. Big mistake. 42 degrees and feels like 39 said the weather report. And it felt like 30 to me and bike riding makes wind. My arms went numb and it took an hour to get there. When I walked in I was frost bitten (almost) and dizzy from the heat. Later I went to the post office first break of the day. I got to work ten minutes before Tom did any way. He leaves early, takes smoke breaks, long lunch breaks and gets to work late. I ate the last 1/4 cake of my Pesach banana walnut cake and took my 3 vitamins daily, mag, and mag/calc. They help with carpal tunnel. My beloved wife resupplied me with magnesium since I ran out when she was gone. Tom helped me out though. I wanted to buy some Manishevitz 3.50. He drove me over there and then bought it since I shleped my heavy driver's liscence to work but left it at my desk. At 36 I get carded sometimes. If you get carded then ask a friend to buy the same stuff they get very suspiscious. Its running late and I have more to say. Lunch was chasadic style. Two pieces of matza first and then the meal. One can of tuna fish. Later I'll have two apples. Our plan is to make Matza Brei with wine. Sometimes you have to have a vegetarian dinner to mix up the week. The kids will have hamburgers (beef) or hotdogs (kosher for passover) no one really cares. This is the no gossipping parsha, one of many so I won't tell you who had what for breakfast. I also finished the parsha and read the fax of life and rabbi biggs emails and have not read the weekly emails from those guys in months. And I continued with my neder (Hebrew for vow) to read the rest of the Haft Torah or also know as Tanach. I found it on chabad's site too. In addition it has Rashi commentary the hebrew font is not as good as the hebrew font on the Rashi parsha site. I read one chapter (11) of Melachim Bet. Not as good as the movie. Ok back to work. Enough stealing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares