pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Death of the Pink Cup

My notes indicate my cup broke yesterday. It did. The cup was in the family a long time. This mug holds roughly a quart or more and thats alot of mayin. I drink alot of water. It was in our household longer than we've been married. I still remember going into the basement one day to get a can of soup or some glad bags. There it was the absolutely biggest mug. A fat man couldn't drink that much ice tea I thought. At the time I was working in a company where this fat man named Dan used to walk around drinking iced tea. Management hated him. They told me they were working very hard to fire him and they called him Dante. Dante would fill his iced tea in the morning and run around fixing computers. He wasn't a hardware person. Instead he was a network person. Not sure what he did. He helped me with my Mac sometimes. We were using quickmail. Now this was all around 12 years ago. Using constructive memory and reading the sticker I placed this cup from WalMart. It was in all the papers, ok just the Ann Arbor News. About this new WalMart. I remember going there and seeing all the dead fish, goldfish etc pet supply. Well the A2 news was poorly managed WalMart will get better. We bought a ton of junk. She must have went back the next week. For more than 10 years I watched this cup. It never shrank and always was the Dante big ass iced tea cup from Hell. And it was pink. It had a huge label on the side. Something like hey kids this is the big ass Danted iced tea cup from Hell. Jews don't believe in Hell, that's another story. The cup I think was an Aladdin before Disney made a movie about it. I remember that too. We went to Disney for the third time, without kids. We saw hey kids the making of a new Disney movie called oh oh oh Aladin. Maybe we should get kids of our soon. Finally I broke down and decided one of these years I'm gonna use that cup. Move over chocholate syrup, tomatoe paste, and salad dressing. There will be more room for you elbow room that is. The pink cup is being called upstairs to sit at Pittsfield_jew's desk. I used to drink water you may ask, how. I would fill a one gallon jug of used water and refill it. Pour it into a glass and not have to get up from my desk. Remember that big power failure. It affected us here in Michigan too. Some say it started in Ohio, Canada, other blame NJ. Why lay blame, it was our big fat former Senator who was on TV. he got called up to the big leagues too. Senator turned energy secratary or something like that. Now we got a woman to replace him. Yeah for women, Debbie Stabenow. And Carl Levin a good Jew, been in the job for like 24 years, long before I got here to this state. My wife insisted on buying lots and lots of bottled water. Bottled water is what's known as a misnomer. Can you tell I'm a teacher too? It really is in a big jug like milk. Which by the way is Kosher all the time in the US. I read this on the internet last night. Yep US inspectors check and sure enough the milk came from a cow and not another animal, like maybe a cat or a pig. Ha ha. Once we were on a retreat and a woman wouldn't take my milk because it wasn't supervised. So now I know she was wrong. Of course it was in the NY area so maybe the milk inspectors were brided. I love the NY area I have some prejudiced opinions of it. The people are rude, in a hurry, very quick, very smart, sometimes dirty and scummy and you can buy anything, do anything, walk any where. Always be careful there. Lock your stuff, don't talk to strangers. Someone will try to sucker you always. Now this is all good advice anywhere its just more so there. I have many theories about the area, I never lived just visited. So she got this one gallon jug at a price gouged price of course from some Arab party store. Get this here in Michigan a store that sells beer, soda, etc is called a party store. Also its called pop not soda. In the East coast we called these stores (convience stores). In NY I think their called beer stores. My cousin said you can get a lucy in a beer store, if you are too poor for a whole pack of ciggarettes. You probably can in our party stores too only your more likely to get away with it in NY. She imitated the Arab with her best Arab voice, I keep store open for my customers here take water, its not marked up. You know I heard on the radio you can't keep bottled water more than six months. Have you figured out my wife is a pack rat? I am one too. I took the water to work 6 months later. I refilled it for a year. I threw the bottle out. I took the pink cup to work. Yesterday the lid cracked. Dribble, dribble. And it was dying a slow death. Each trip to the dishwasher made the fit not right. Then freezing in the car. I told my son Z over the weekend about expanding and contracting from heat and cold. So the lid suffered. I would lean my whole body into it to get it to close. I figured if I binded them together on Monday morning. I took the cup home every weekend. It would refit after being refilled more easily. I couldn't do it Monday. I asked her to do it. I bet she broke it. Today she gave me an Eddie Bauer designer water cup and said don't loose it. I won't its got a big mouth like me. ANd that is where I'll leave the story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares