pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Diwali Day

Z's appointment went well. We had our medical student with us. I just finished putting pages into my Franklin planner. Then I usually read the old entries from a year ago. On Nov 11, 2004, S bought R a book about sex. This entry caught my eye. Back to the appointment. I had to eat my lunch while the doctor was examining Z. Z seems pretty happy even though his spine is curved 13 degrees since June 17, 2003. Unbelievabley to me this is the first we have heard of this on August 5 on his last chest x-ray. It seems he wanted to stand like a man on that day. Speaking of standing like a man, I had to get measured too. It seems I shrunk another inch and am now 63 7/8" in height. I was once 5' 5 and 3/4" tall. So where does that leave me with my ideal weight. Mathematically it means lose more weight. I have found a new formula called the BMI - body mass index. Here is the formula, take 25 times your height in inches squared and divide by the number 703. This comes to 143 for me assuming I want to get to 24.5 times 64". I know this all sounds very complicated. Last night I was working on rotateing my clothing. It is an endless job, especially with an uncoopertative closet space. My wife stores everything where she can and it gets spread out all over the place. I have 8 long sleeve rugby shirts, maybe 9, I think one is in the wash. Today I am back to a short sleeve rugby shirt. Last night I was studying networks, chapter 10 of windows operating system. Check out www.scsite.com/winxp/exs.htm it is chock full of self learning and this is what I was doing, instead of watching monday night football. I am past chapter 29 of Mirror Image. I left it here over the weekend. The other book Rabbi Resigned is not so good either. It is getting to the good part. I gave the secretary at R's school the Danielle Steele book Wings this morning. I just carry it around so it can go to a rightful owner. It is her birthday and I had to sign up for conferences at the school. Normally I just drop off. We are celebrating diwali day here at work. Tonight I give back the C++ tests. I feel bad about eating my lunch and not eating their food. They have a beautiful spread set up. Tom was nice enough to go to Busch's and get me an apple since one of my apples was rotten. I talked to R briefly in the parking lot on my cell phone while I waited for Tom to show up with the apple. We are making Thanksgiving plans. It is always so stressful. I am going to my parents and she and the kids are going to hers. My parents want them to come over for a day and she said she won't drive there. So what am I to tell my parents. I have dreaded asking her for a week now. This is what has caused all my stress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares