pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Up late again

I am already up 25 minutes later than I planned. I was hoping for 11:30. Still have half a commentary left on the last aliyah of this weeks Parash. I love this weeks Parsha that just passed, called Bamidar. It means desert. The Greeks named this book Numbers. We Jews call it the same name as this book. This first parsha in each book is the name of the book. Probably won't finish this commentary. I started having my fantasy's again about making up my own commentary or even my own drash. Notice in the site bible.ort.org I go to to listen to the chanting they have the original Torah script. Notice there is a big blotch. Maybe this means something or maybe its just a blotch. Weirder stuff has happened. I think there is a hugh Aleph in one parsha. In this weeks parsha there is dots over the name of Aaron. This signifies he is not counted among the Levites. This is very unusual because the Torah is written without ninkundoot or vowels. It also is written with out trope marks or chanting marks also known as cantilliations.

I didn't drive anywhere today. R's friend's family is Shomer Shabbus, so S picked him up for soccer. S says soccer kills the whole day. Sunday is the dance recital and S says that kills the whole day too.

I'm trying bloglines. Blogrolling doesn't seem to work. I emailed them twice about the show recently updated feature. I work with computers and no one better *&^% with me because I don't *&^% around. Of course its free so you get what you pay for. Since its free you can't complain. There is a pay upgrade but I don't plan on spending money, just time in this hobby.

Laila Tov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares