pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day 2005

There are so many hobbies I have neglected. Blogging, Parsha, Haft-torah (no I'm not a Bar Mitzvah boy just interested in learning more). Many Torah commentaries site references to Haft-torah. Only the Bar Mitzvah Haft-torah's are only selections of the full text. Also I study Hebrew, print my color photos, geneology, working on a Java Hebrew program, putting up a light, fixing the trim in the garage, planting a garden. Reading Lord of the Rings, watching A Town Called Alice.

Let's take a break from reminicing about Z's long adventures. They will come back. Today we got a new 2005 Nissan Quest. The old one 1996 Nissan Quest was a trade in. This one has a DVD player. I mowed the lawn, edged, trimmed and weed whack. One of those is redundant. I think weed whack means trimmed. I added blog rolling. The 1-click blog rolling doesn't work. I have 361 emails up to May 14 in my other email account. Most are about my brother's bachelor party. Ok this is too painful to think about.

Tonight we had flank steak on the grill. I also planted the rest of the flower garden. I got replacement for my $12 tomatoe plant. As my mother would say, "I bet your so pleased with your wife's ability to get nasty with someone to get you some refund."

Sunday we went to Cedar point. The tickets were free because Z is a make a wish kid. S pulls out this notice and we get free passes to lots of places. We brought a neighborhood girl, she is adopted. The parents are white and the kids Correy and Alisa are vietnamese. Very nice of the parents to adopt. The dad is kinda fat and is jovial. He sings in the morning outside loudly as he gets the kids ready. Alisa is R's age. I was with Z and L and S was with the older girls. Cell phones worked great for this trip. Sometimes I had the older girls as my responsibility. Cedar point is an amusement park. They won stuffed animals. I held the stuffed animals and they went on two water rides. Then another scary ride and I waited with Alisa. The only ride I went on with the older girls was the sky ride. With the little ones I watched most of the time. Tickets are normally $45. I don't like really scary roller coasters.

Saturday we can pretend I kept the Sabbath.

Friday was like a dead day at work. We bought the car that day.

Thursday I went to Plymouth to Joe's deli for lunch 12 miles each way. I have a coupon. My friend Karen at work paid so it was free. Thursday night we won at softball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares