pittsfield-jew

The first post says it all Shalom, This is the home of the Pittsfield Jew. Sure its neat to read about Jews in Brooklyn who are very observant but how about a not so observant Jew who lives in the Mid West?

Monday, July 04, 2005

July 4th

It is raining here. S is watching TV. She mopped the floor and is now waiting for it to dry. Caught up on all my school work. Today we had our Japanese family friends over. We had chicken. Yesterday we had our friends from Israel here. D.P. cut my hair and Z's hair today. He also finished painting R's room. Showed D.P. the Hebrew program and we had a discussion about the drash Torah for last week. He has custody of his kids except in the summer and every other weekend. So he was in schuel and told me what the Rabbi said about the spies. We honor the spies because in their hearts 10 men felt something needed to be done, right or wrong they altered the course of history and therefore that is why we have a minyan. Pretty neat i thought. This week was Korach which i always think is a neat story as well. Mostly we learn the lesson of the staff of Aaron's that bloomed. All the other miracles are nice too but this one was the most important. Our friends just left and the house was a wreck. I did my part to clean up and S did her part to shout. On to other topics. I finished the movie Exodus. Great movie. It has Paul Newman in it. I also finished Two Towers. Not so great. I like the monsters but the plot was really not there. Perhaps Return of the King will be better. Talked to my parents on Sunday. They were seeing llamas in a camp ground in Santa Barbara. Also talked to my Aunt who is back from her trip on a cruise to Alaska. Our friends brought over woodchuck cider. So i had two of those. I bet i gained a ton of weight this weekend. Probably in a few minutes S will come up here and watch the fire works on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Listed on BlogShares